WHERE TO STAY:
But wait! Don’t fret.
We stayed at Bankawan Beach Resort. It is not very visible to the public but it’s really quiet and you have access to a convenience store where you buy all the necessities.
- The room worth Php 1000 is definitely a good place to stay. It can accommodate up to three people.
- Backpacking Tip: Bring a portable mattress or a comfortable piece of cloth. It would be great if you can bring something that feels like a thick blanket. You can spread that blanket on the floor later in the night. Now, 5 people can stay. 🙂
- The bathroom is small, but who cares? As long as you can enjoy the water and you can pee, then you have everything you need! Besides, there’s a mirror that you can use to see your face. 🙂
- Outside the room, there’s a small space that you can use to chit chat or drink some alcohol if you want to.
- After swimming, you can also choose to hang your swimwear or your towel. It will surely dry the next day, even if you put it there late in the night.
If you don’t have the budget for that or if you want to feel more adventurous like a real backpacker, you can choose to bring a tent with you and set it up on the white sand. I’m just uncertain if there’s rent though. The good thing about this experience is you can see the sunset right away or the sunrise the next day. On the other hand, it might be less comfortable if you choose to stay there. You’d have to sacrifice your privacy and your waiting time if you want to take a bath.
So there you go! As low as 1000 Philippine Pesos, you have officially survived backpacking in White Beach Resort in Puerto Galera.